Other Training and Continued Education
- Spinning Babies with Gail Tully, November 2012
- “When Survivors Give Birth” and comfort measures workshop with DONA founder Penny Simkin, April 2013
- “New ACOG Prevention of the Primary Cesarean Delivery Guidelines: Do They Raise More Questions Than Answers?” with Penny Simkin, May 2014
- “What Men Need in Labor: Isn’t It Time We Cared?” with Amy Gilliland, July 2014
- CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator workshop in August 2014
- “Who’s In Charge Here? Rights and Protections During Childbirth” with Farah Diaz-Tello and the International Cesarean Awareness Network, October 2014
- “Maternity Care Practices and their Impact on the Microbiome” with Penny Simkin, February 2015
- Rebozo workshop with Gena Kirby, March 2015
- TENS workshop with Penny Bussell Stansfield, April 2015 (I am certified to use TENS machines with my clients!)
- Flock Yeah! with Gena Kirby and Cristen Pascucci of Birth Monopoly, February 2016
- Birthing From Within workshop with Carrie Kenner and Pam England, March 2016
- TRANSITIONS: Becoming A Trans-Affirming Birth Worker Online Training by BROTHA DOULA, September 2017
- Full Spectrum Doula Circle Abortion Doula Training, November 2018
- Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss Training with Amy Wright Glenn at the Institute For Birth, Breath and Death, Spring 2019
- Samara School of Community Herbalism (150 hour herbalism program ), Spring 2020
- Slow Doula Method, Doula Trainings International, March 2020
- Samantha Zipporah’s Holistic Miscarriage and Abortion Support, July 2020
- Re+Birth Equity Alliance Systemic Racism and Implicit Bias in Perinatal Health, September 2020
- Certified Breastfeeding Specialist, in progress, Lactation Education Resources, 2021-present
- Full-Spectrum Doula Training, Ancient Song Doula Services, April 2021
- Birth Doula Training, Embodied Doula Trainings, November 2021
- Holistic Postpartum Nutrition for Birth Pros, from Maranda Bower, 2022
I am also certified as a placenta specialist through the Association of Placenta Preparation Arts. I was the first APPA-certified placenta specialist in the state of New Mexico.
In The Media
Featured on podcast Down To Birth: “How To Write Your Birth Story with Carrie Murphy”
Featured on podcast The Rosewood Doula Pod: “On Being A Long Haul Doula with Carrie Murphy”
Featured on podcast Plus Mommy: “Talking About Where Social Justice and Birth Intersect”
Quoted in “Is A Virtual Doula Even Worth It?” at SheKnows
Quoted in “11 Postpartum Recovery Items Every Mom Needs” at Glamour
Quoted in “Visualization Techniques for Labor, According to Experts” on Romper
Quoted in “My Epidural Didn’t Work. Here’s What I Wish I Knew” on Parents
Featured in “Doula Association forms in New Mexico” in the Santa Fe New Mexican
Featured on podcast The Birth Hour: “Doula Processing Secondary Trauma + Homebirth & Peaceful Postpartum”
- Evidence for Doulas, 60 min session with co-presenters Paula Reiss, Tamara Gardner, CNM, Katie Kivlighan CNM, University of New Mexico OB/GYN Department Grand Rounds, March 2019
- Doulas & Labor Support, 60 min session with co-presenter Paula Reiss, University of New Mexico Family Practice Resident School, August 2018
- You & The NICU, 60 min sessions with co-presenter with Johanna Macaulay, RN, IBCLC, DONA International Conference, 2016
Carrie Murphy was simply excellent. She listened to our preferences, hopes, and dreams about the birthing process, and did her best to help make them a reality with professionalism, warmth, and a sense of humor.
I can’t recommend a doula enough for any type of birth and Carrie was wonderful! I have no idea how I would have made it through my labor without her.
Even though I was having a planned cesarean, I knew I needed to hire a doula. I didn’t have to worry though, because I knew exactly who to hire. I had been an acquaintance of Carrie’s for a little while and knew she would be my perfect fit.
Email me at email@example.com or fill out the form below.