Birth doula services start with a no-risk, free consultation so we can get to know each other a little. We can meet at your home, a coffee shop, a local park, or another location to talk about your hopes and plans for your birth. This is also a great opportunity to ask questions about what a doula does and how my support might enhance your pregnancy and birth. We can decide if we are a good fit for each other in a friendly conversation.
From there, birth doula services include two prenatal meetings, 24/7 on call time beginning at 38 weeks, access to my client-only area of pregnancy, birth, infant feeding and parenting resources, continuous labor support throughout your entire labor, one postpartum visit, and more (see packages below for more details).
Prenatal meetings are designed to help us get to know each other better and for me to learn about your specific hopes, fears, plans and preferences for your baby’s birth and care. We will talk in detail about my role (as well as your partner’s role) in your birth process and how we can all work together with your care provider(s) to ensure a safe and happy birth for both you and your baby. I can also assist you in writing a birth plan or birth preferences guide. Newborn procedures and the postpartum period are also covered during prenatal meetings.
Postpartum visits are an opportunity for us to discuss and process the birth itself (as well as an opportunity for me to see your cute new baby—and for you to show him/her off!) We’ll go over my notes from your birth and talk about your feelings and memories of the day. I can also answer any questions you may have and help with any problems you might be experiencing with feeding, care, and more.
If you’re interested, I’m also available to accompany you to a prenatal visit with your doctor, midwife or other care provider. I’m also happy to take photographs during and after your birth.
- A free, no-obligation phone call or face-to-face consultation
- 2 pre-birth meetings to discuss your hopes, fears, plans and wishes for your birth
- Assistance in writing your birth preferences
- Unlimited phone and email support beginning from when you hire me until your baby is born
- 24/7 on-call time beginning 2 weeks before your due date to when your baby is born
- Continuous, caring, and conscientious labor support at your home, as well as a hospital or birthing center for the entire length of your labor
- Use of TENS unit and your own personal electrodes
- Simple photography during labor and birth if requested
- 1 postpartum visit to process your birth and check in on infant feeding and mother/baby care
- Lifetime access to the client area of my website, which includes exhaustive pregnancy, birth, newborn, breastfeeding and parenting resources
- Unlimited phone and email support during the first six weeks of your baby’s life
My doula clients receive discounts on on my other services, including belly casting, placenta encapsulation and postpartum doula services. You can also add on additional services, like MealTrain set up, cooling after-birth padsicles and private breastfeeding classes; check out my a la carte options!
Birth doula services can always be combined with my postpartum doula services or placenta encapsulation to make the first few weeks of parenting calmer and easier. I am happy to make a package that fits your needs.
Not sure if you can afford a doula? Let’s talk!
I am happy to chat with you about your family’s needs so that we can find a package or payment agreement that works for you. We can easily work out a solution for your unique situation. I can help you brainstorm ideas to make doula services affordable for your family, too. Check out my payment options.